The importance of breakfast cannot be understated. It is the most important meal as it prepares and keeps you energized for the rest of the day. People like to eat different things but the choice of beverage remains the most important decision. The significance of a healthy morning drink doubles when you are considering healthy breakfast options.
Breakfast smoothies should be two things, healthy and wholesome. And you can get both things by trying out these five smoothies recipes that will charge you with energy throughout the day. Consider healthy options for your breakfast by drinking some of these nutritious smoothies that will make your day and keep lethargy away. Remember, the smoothies you make at home from fruits are high in minerals, vitamins, and other beneficial nutrients.
- Blueberry, Banana & Green Tea
This potassium-rich fruit smoothie is a great addition to your breakfast. Blueberries keep all heart problems away. Of course, berries are a magical fruit – they are one food that helps burn fat. And with bananas, blueberries combined with the magic of green tea, you can’t afford to skip this nutritious drink.
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 green tea bag
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ medium-sized banana
- ¾ cup calcium-fortified light vanilla soy milk
- Microwave water in a small container on high until it is steaming hot. Add a green tea bag and allow it to brew for three minutes. Remove the teabag and stir honey into it until it dissolves completely.
Combine berries, banana, and milk and ice together in a blender. Pulse until smooth. Pour smoothie into a tall glass and serve right away.
Nutrition (per serving): 269 calories
- Hot Green Smoothie
Breakfast smoothies are not always chilled as this hot green smoothie has proven that. Different types of people like different things. Some prefer hot beverages and some love chilled. This drink is perfect for winters and is extremely healthy. Kale is a good source of vitamin A and C. Apples are a rich source of antioxidants and of course, fiber. In fact, Apples are an excellent source of satisfying your daily fiber requirements.
- 30 grams of Kale
- 1 sweet medium-sized apple
- 2 pitted and chopped dates
- 1 cup of hot brewed green tea
- Put your kale, apple, and dates in a blender. Add a splash of cold water followed by 2 tsp of freshly brewed green tea.
- Blend it on high for a minute or two until the dates and kale have turned into a smooth mixture.
- Pour out the smoothie into a cup and mix in the remaining green tea.
Nutrition (per serving): 247 calorie
- Apricot Mango Madness
Apricots are a good source of vitamin A and mango lowers down your cholesterol. With fresh lemon juice, you will get your dose of vitamin C. This vitamin, as you can guess has a multitude of health benefits.
On the other hand, this Apricot Mango smoothie is amazing in terms of the flavor combination as well as you will be genuinely surprised how well these two fruits work with each other.
- 6 apricots
- 2 medium-sized mangoes
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
- Lemon peel (optional for garnish)
- Peel and chop apricots and mangoes into bite-size chunks.
- Toss all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Chia seeds can be added as a bonus. And if you haven’t tried them yet, this is the time.
- Pour the mixture into two tall glasses, garnish with a lemon slice, if desired, and serve chilled.
Nutrition (per serving): 252 calorie
- Soy Good Smoothie
We often skip breakfast and that triggers cravings that tempt you into having junk food. This soy smoothie will help you in keeping your energy throughout the day. It has milk, cereal, and fruits that give you everything that must be included in a balanced breakfast. If you are getting late for work or do not get enough time, this healthy smoothie will work perfectly for you. Remember, it’s never a good idea to skip a healthy breakfast!
- 1 cup of vanilla soy milk
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup of corn flakes (cereal)
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth – i.e. for 20 seconds.
Nutrition (per serving): 350 calories
- Strawberry Kiwi Mix
Strawberries and kiwis, both are great antioxidants for your body and together they create a nutritious smoothie. Kiwi, with its tangy flavor, has vitamins like C, K, and E that give your body the boost it needs. Strawberry and Kiwi complement each other in terms of nutrition and flavor as well, so make sure you do not miss out on the duo in your breakfast.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries – use ripe fruit for the super creamy texture.
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 2 bananas
- 2 kiwis peeled
- 1/4 cup honey
- Blend all ingredients together with ice and crush it together in a blender until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour it in a tall glass and serve chilled.
Nutrition (per serving): 269 calories
Try out these healthy breakfast smoothies in your breakfast and step into a healthy lifestyle by embarking on this road towards change. Our body takes its time in accepting new things and therefore allow yourself to adopt these changes and not give up halfway.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This means you must give it the attention it deserves. With these five recipes of breakfast smoothies, one can drink a different smoothie every day and not restrict themselves to one kind of beverage and bring diversity in their food choice to avoid boredom. Let us debunk the myth of healthy eating being labeled as boring.