A magnificent nation with amazing landscapes, sculptures, and heritage, Sweden is a paradise for tourists around the globe. From mesmerizing fishing villages to exotic modern cities, you will find the best places to visit here. With endless summer and countless reindeers, Sweden is one of the best holiday attractions in the world.
Moreover, you will find traditional huts, hiking trails, cathedrals, etc. In short, the country has so many things to offer you that you won’t feel bored even for a second. This article will provide you with all the information about beautiful places in the country that are a must-visit for avid travelers.
If you want to enjoy northern lights, then the Lapland is a perfect place for you, especially in winter. With incredibly rich wildlife, nature and snow, Lapland is a must-visit whenever you travel to Sweden. This place is heaven for hikers and canoer paradise and is equally cherished by wildlife lovers as well
Things to do in Lapland
- Take a Visit to Abisko National Park.
- Ski at Riksgränsen.
- Enjoy a day at a hotel made of ice and snow.
- Take a tour of Gammelstad Church Village in Luleå, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Best time to visit: December to March
How to reach: Luleå and Kiruna Airport are the nearest major airports. The train route is also available between Luleå and Kiruna.
Gotland is a striking island nestled in the Baltic Sea. Cherishing a memorable three-hour-long ferry ride to reach the destination is undoubtedly one of the best things to experience in Sweden. Plan a day trip to Visby to get a mesmerizing medieval experience. The place lives at its peak during the medieval week. people dress up as a knight, visit a traditional market and watch tournaments. All this allows you to get unforgettable memories of the lifestyle of the people of that time.
Things to do in Gotland
- Rejoice in Visby sightseeing.
- Don’t forget to take a Swim at Blå Lagunen.
- Go to the nature reserve of Digerhuvud.
- Take a visit to countless prehistoric sites and 100 medieval churches on the island.
- Best time to visit: June to August
How to reach: A ferry from Nynäshamn or Oskarshamn will be a great option to reach Gotland. However, you can also reach a Gotland by air. board a flight to Visby.
Gothenburg is one of the loveliest places to see in Sweden. The best thing about Gothenburg is you can explore the place at your own pace. Situated along the Göta Älv River, the awe-inspiring archipelago is a huge draw for tourists from around the globe.
Things to do in Gothenburg
- Go for a boat trip through the canals.
- Enjoy delicious seafood at one of the restaurants in the city.
- Plan a visit to museums and galleries.
- Take a tour of Sweden’s biggest botanical garden.
- Try the local coffee.
- Best time to visit: June to August
How to reach: The international airport Landvetter (GOT) is situated at about 20 km south-east of the City Centre. You can easily catch a train from Stockholm.
Combining an excellent contrast of modernity and history, Kalmar is your answer to the question of where to go to Sweden. surrounded by water, the city gives you a feel of a dreamlike castle. Once titled as Sweden’s best summer city, the Kalmar is best explored on a canoe.
- Things to do in Kalmar
- Wander around Kalmar Castle.
- Go to the Kalmar art museum.
- Learn about Kalmar County Museum.
- Take a boat ride to experience the city from a new perspective.
- Best time to visit: Mid-May – September
How to reach: take a domestic flight from Stockholm. However, the nearest international airport is Kastrup in Copenhagen, Denmark. bus lines are also available from Stockholm and Malmö. Kalmar is connected to the train route from Stockholm, Gothenburg, and Malmö.
Boasting off fourteen islands connected by more than fifty bridges, Stockholm is undoubtedly a spectacular city to explore. numerous attractions in the town make the visitors spare time for Stockholm sightseeing. You may find singing karaoke at the ABBA Museum interesting or may consider unveiling the mysteries of 600 rooms in Swedish Royal Palace amongst the best things to do in Stockholm. The city has much to offer, it is advised to plan a tour of at least three days. You can stay at any of the design hotels Stockholm presents to you. I am sure you will definitely be going to enjoy it.
Things to do in Stockholm
- Take a visit to the World War I fortress at Starofortet.
- Rejuvenate yourself at a spa in Nacka.
- Experience the pleasures of nature.
- Unwind yourself at the outdoor cafés and bars.
- Best time to visit: March-early November
How to reach: if you are traveling by air then Arlanda Airport is the best option. Commuter trains to Stockholm depart every thirty minutes from Arlanda